- Ashton and Grosvenor is the trading name of: Ashton and Grosvenor, 69 Boughton, Chester, CH3 5AF. The company registration number is 7166877
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we handle data which identifies you. If you have any queries concerning your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Protection Information. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any information you supply will be treated in accordance with that Act. You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioners’ website at www.ico.gov.uk
Information gathered and uses
- We receive and store information you enter on our website, or give us in any other way. We use your contact details to communicate with you, we may also use your information to send you news about our products and services, or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you
- We may contact you by post, email or telephone for these purposes. If you do not want to receive such communication you can opt-out during registration, by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for use to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operation reasons relating to our service
Types of information collected
We currently collect the following types of information - this list is not exhaustive.
- Full Name
- Previous name (if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Country of Birth
- Residential Status
- How many dependents
- Dependents name and age
- Present address
- Previous addresses
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Landlord details
- Bank details
- NI number
- Personal debt details
- Criminal offences/convictions
- Salary information
- Employers name and contact details
- Previous employers name and contact details
- Accountant details
- Mortgage information
- Insurance information
- Solicitor details
- Estate agent details
- IP address
We also collect copies of the following documents - this list is not exhaustive:
- Primary ID
- Address ID
- Bank Statements
- Credit card statements
- Mortgage statements
- Pay slips
- Self employed accounts
Methods of collection
Ashton and Grosvenor collect the information relevant to the service and obtain the information from the following:
- Next of kin
- Spouse/partner/family member
- Business associate
- Trusted sources - government/ land/ police registers; credit/default agencies; financial institutes; insurance companies; other law firms; through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected
We use standard forms to collect information, via the website, via email, in the office or through telephone conversations with you. We may also collect information from our suppliers or affiliates.
You may also choose to submit information via one of the following methods:
- Through our website
- Through social media
- By requesting information on a product or service
- In response to marketing or other communications
- In connection with potential business relationship development
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected.
Why we collect information
We collect information for the following purposes:
- Assessing applications for products and services we provide
- Developing relationships and conducting business
- Protect and prevent against fraud and manage risk exposure, agent quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- Manage any authentication criteria needed (eg ID proof)
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, website and business
- Enforce any other legal rights that may be required by applicable laws and regulations, or requested by any judicial process or government agency having jurisdiction over Ashton and Grosvenor
- Compliance with industry standards and policies
How long we keep information
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes of the business.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after the last contact with you. However, Ashton and Grosvenor reserve the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Ashton and Grosvenor.
When you use our website we anonymously record the details of the pages you look at but this data is not personally identifiable. We use this data to monitor site traffic and analyse paths customers take through our site which enable us to improve the service we provide. This information is only used by us and is not passed onto any other party.
Place of processing
The personal information held by us is held and processed by computers situated in the UK.
- We have security measures in place to protect our customers database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility to protect against unauthorised access. If you open more than one browser of the same type whilst using the website, remember to close down all browser windows when you finish
- If you share a computer with someone else or use a public internet access then we advise you to delete the browsing history and log off the computer. This will help ensure any personal information stored temporarily in the computer’s memory is lost
Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate personal information we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, if we are requested to do so by law. Our site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of every website that collects data.
Log files and statistics
- We may use IP addresses, URLs of requested resources, timestamps and HTTP user agents to analyse trends, administer the system and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use
Legal information and your agreement
- The website is for information purposes only. It’s content is subject to change without notice
- The website is prepared and issued in the UK and the information is intended for use in the UK only
- Access by you to the website is confirmation that you have understood and agreed to be bound by all the terms and conditions
- All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the information provide on the website is accurate and complete at the date of publication. We cannot accept responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in relation to, any information appearing on this website or any linked websites
- The contents of this website (except where applicable - eg location maps) is the property of Ashton and Grosvenor and is subject to copyright with all rights reserved
- You may download or print individual sections of the website for personal use of the information, providing that our copyright and ownership notices are evident
- Either commercially or personally any information from this website may not reproduced (in whole or in part), changed, decompiled, disassembled or transmitted whatsoever without our prior written consent
There is no guarantee that any email you send will be received by us or that the confidentially of that email will be maintained during internet transmission.
Any disputes arising from the use of the website shall at all times be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
International transfers of personal information
If you visit the website from outside the UK, your visit will necessarily result on the transfer of information across international borders. By visiting the website and communicating with us you are consenting to these transfers.